Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous Quotes 2011-2012

quote from regionals as I was smith:

CX: "Dr. Smith, you don't know if my client had diabetes do you?"
    "...actually I do. She doesn't. Its on the form I just showed you" (meaning the breath test operators report where it says diabetes: no)

from scrimmage as lawrence: (which I read for the first time the night before)
    CX: "So you're only sure about 1 drink mr lawrence?
    "Well im 100percent sure about one, and...
    -cut off: "No further questions"
    "90 percent sure about....uh.....8!"

crossing attorney was pretty mad

Our Jordan James is completely insane, and it's his life goal to break our attorneys during competition. So far:

On cross: "Yeah I know Taylor Hopson, she's like, totally awful. We call her the fun dementor because she like... sucks all the fun out of the room." He then made a deafening sucking noise.

On direct: "Danny Dawson played softball with me this one time. She was totally awful but you know... *exaggerated whispering towards the female judge* we have a woman requirement..."

Crossing atty: "You were in the bar that night, right?"
    James: "Yeah, the whole thing was super sad, but you know, sometimes life gives and sometimes life takes and it's all part of like, the universe you know? And I guess the universe took Vanessa. Like my cat. Her name is Carol, and she has feline leukemia. It's really sad, but you know, the universe.
    Atty: "Uh, move to strike as non-responsive? Everything but 'yeah'."

Crossing Atty: "And you think this trial is a waste of time, don't you?"J
    James: "Yeah, you're wasting my time! I want to go home so I can break up with my boyfriend before Valentine's day!"

Directing Atty: "Why are you in court today Mr. James?"
    James: "Well some attorneys came into my bar and said I had to come in and I was like "no?" and they were like "not a question..." so here I am.

Quote Originally Posted by rockingoff View Post
    Our Jordan James is completely insane, and it's his life goal to break our attorneys during competition. So far:

On cross: "Yeah I know Taylor Hopson, she's like, totally awful. We call her the fun dementor because she like... sucks all the fun out of the room." He then made a deafening sucking noise.

On direct: "Danny Dawson played softball with me this one time. She was totally awful but you know... *exaggerated whispering towards the female judge* we have a woman requirement..."

Crossing atty: "You were in the bar that night, right?"
    James: "Yeah, the whole thing was super sad, but you know, sometimes life gives and sometimes life takes and it's all part of like, the universe you know? And I guess the universe took Vanessa. Like my cat. Her name is Carol, and she has feline leukemia. It's really sad, but you know, the universe.
    Atty: "Uh, move to strike as non-responsive? Everything but 'yeah'."

Crossing Atty: "And you think this trial is a waste of time, don't you?"J
    James: "Yeah, you're wasting my time! I want to go home so I can break up with my boyfriend before Valentine's day!"

Directing Atty: "Why are you in court today Mr. James?"
    James: "Well some attorneys came into my bar and said I had to come in and I was like "no?" and they were like "not a question..." so here I am.
    The last quote sounds super familiar I swear you used that against my team, I think I went against your team. Were you at Eastern Michigan?

Our Pat Lawrence: "I brought Dawson so many screwdrivers, I was about to call her a toolbox."

So bad.

CX of London Bennett--

CX Atty: "Mr. Dawson kept saying two words specifically, didn't he?"
    CX Atty: "Jack and Ginger."

Opposing Counsel: "Objection, your honor, misstates evidence. That's three words."

-------

London Bennett was played as a very old elderly woman who couldn't walk...She took 15 seconds to get to the stand by slow hobble. (PS I wanted to impeach her by asking how she uses her shotgun to shoot animals lols) -- but our Foster goes up to her after she testifies and asks if she'd like any help walking and went to take her cane. Let's say...she declined.

-------

CX Of Danny Dawson

CX Atty: (quite soft spoken) "You then..you took out a radar detector, didn't you?"
    Witness: (EXTREMELY LOUD/ATTITUDE) -- "I most CERTAINLY DID NOT..."
    CX Atty: ..."You sure...?"

Free Penn State.
    So let me understand you correctly, you were outside at almost midnight painting images of raindrops in the dark?

Well, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Better to be hated by a few than loved by all.

Free Penn State.
    She is kinda hot for a dead girl.
    Better to be hated by a few than loved by all.

Judge (in response to an objection by defense): Why are you objecting? It seems to me like prosecution is just beating a dead horse. Im going to let them continue if thats what they think is best.
    Defense attorney: You're right your honor, I guess I was just looking out for the horse.

"Objection your honor, I dont like that word."
    "And why is that counselor?"
    "It just makes my witness look dumber than he *already* is."
    *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant_Kaffee View Post
    Bye-Buster Foster Re-direct with Ex-Navy Presiding Judge -

Attorney: Officer Foster, what kind of accidents have you seen on Canyon Road?
    Foster: I've seen single-car fatalities all the time. But the worst accident I've seen was when a speeding car crashed head-on into a school bus instantly killing 8 children.
    Attorney: So in your opinion, should you have been out as opposing counsel has said - "trying to save lives" - instead of watching this road with your radar gun?
    Foster: Son, we live in a world that has roads. And those roads have to be guarded by men with guns - radar guns.
    Opposing Counsel: Objection, the witness is non-responsive.
    Judge: Overruled.
    Foster: <turns to opposing counsel> I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly imagine. You weep for Vanessa, and you curse me. But you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Vanessa’s death – while tragic – probably saved lives.
    I dont know whats more impressive. That someone managed to wiggle Jack Nicholson into a cross, or that the judge didn't hold everyone in contempt.
    "Either way, I dont give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to."

Timekeeper: aaaaaaaand, time!
    Directing attorney: *deer in headlights*
    Crossing attorney: uhm, your honor, I very well could be mistaken, but i don't think the clock was stopped for objections..
    Timekeeper:……Oh…..Sorry..yeah keep going

Quote Originally Posted by DualityofMan View Post
    Another Bye Busting Round at the Guardian Invitational with a Navy JAG officer as the presiding judge.
    Decided to see how many "A Few Good Men" quotes I could slip into my crosses and objections.

After the first couple the presiding judge starts to get it and I am crossing Smith.
    I am getting increasingly aggressive just begging for an objection from the DA.
    Finally get the objection requesting that I allow the witness to finish his answer, I almost cut off opposing counsel with a terse "I'D LIKE AN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION JUDGE" the presiding had to cover his mouth for a full minute before gravely answering " The witness will answer the question."
    success

CA: "Objection, speculation!"
    Judge: "Sustained!"
    DA: (Stands still for about 25 seconds) "This is just uncomfortable for everyone" (Sits down)

the judge in our round after opposing council objected to our attorney asking Foster to say the alphabet backwards: "No. Sustained. He could have dyslexia for all we know".

Cullen XX on Sullivan's phone call comments:

DX: "Objection, Hearsay."
    CX: "Your honor, This fall under an exception to hearsay, excited utterance. Having her daughter die was certainly the most exciting moment in Mrs. Sullivan's life!"

Judge in Round 4 at the Memphis ORCS: "If you enter the well without permission my imaginary bailiff will imaginary shoot you". We had one casualty.

Hamilton ORCS

CX: Now, Dr. Smith, you told us on Direct you have a PhD in Biostatistics?!?
    Dr. Smith: Yes.......
    CX: You're sure about that?
    Smith: ........yes?

(CX goes to hand the CV to Smith)
    Directing Attorney: Objection, your honor. The document hasn't been entered into evidence. However.....we're willing to wave all objections to the CV.
    Confused Judge: Ok....so admitted.

CX: Dr Smith, tell us where on here it says you have a PhD!
    Smith: ....right here, line four, it says "1982. University of Washington. Doctorate."
    CX: But it doesn't say PhD, does it?!?!?
    (pause)
    Smith: I'm sorry if there is any confusion, counselor....but a doctorate is a PhD.
    CX:.......oh.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe Mansueto View Post
    but a doctorate is a PhD.
    Not necessarily.

Truth! Juris Doctorate. But in the case of Smith it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmodai2 View Post
    Truth! Juris Doctorate. But in the case of Smith it is.
    All PhD's are doctorates but not all doctorates are PhD's. Slight distinction.