Thread: AMTA Representatives

AMTA Representatives

Last year they posted the AMTA representatives who were hosting each tournament. How about this year? Who will grace us where?
    "What goes around, comes around"
    "AND BOY IT SURE DID THIS YEAR!!"

Re: AMTA Representatives

Frank G and I will be in Portland next weekend. I expect all of my Pacific Northwesterners to get a good week's rest in cause you all know I'll have you all up all night - unless you don't stay in the tournament hotel.
    NARODNIK: Someone who had received an education to use for the benefit

Who will be at Dallas? ML & Dan Herron again?

Who cares: if they don't do anything about cheating anyway.

Man, you have to stop accusing people of cheating. Especially calling the AMTA Reps gutless. If anything, doing all of this anonymously is gutless.
    Please respect AMTA more than that. The attorneys and people that make up AMTA are some of the smartest minds in the country. They do things for a reason. Understand that, and if you don't, leave and stop complaining.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Um, you haven't seen much of this country, then.

Look, yeah I was pissed at my first post--but I stand by the basics of it.

And, in any event, why shouldn't I post anonymously, when half the postings on here are nothing but insults and bastardizations of the facts--and when I have to see these jagoffs again down south....

Dude, you really need to quit now while you're behind so you don't fall further...

We don't know your name, but we do know from what round you're referring to, from which regional, and subsequently which program you're from. You're dishonoring your school and singlehandedly tarnishing their reputation, and you owe your team and apology (not to mention all those you have insulted). We can also look at the tab summary and realize the real reason that you're so upset and this and the bid system in general.

And if I'm wrong about you being from the same school as the team who had the 5th amendment tactic used on them, you'd better clear that up quick, because then you're not only explicitly insulting U of C and AMTA, but you're letting people who don't have a darn thing to do with this take the blame.

EDIT: typo

While I hesitate to defend anything Vertigo is saying, in the interests of fairness I feel compelled to point out that in the 5th Amendment thread he made clear he's not from the team that had the tactic used against them.

"You read the article detailing the affair between your wife and Tony

I know he said he wasn't on that team of 6 who was in that round, but I don't think that precludes him from being from the same school, since schools tend to have more than one team. He seems to have intimate knowledge of everything that happened, and a pretty big axe to grind for a passive observer.

However, if I am wrong then I am wrong, and I would retract my implications. I do challenge him to prove me wrong.

Fair enough. How about it Vertigo: are you going to own up to whether it was that school or not?
    "You read the article detailing the affair between your wife and Tony

Vertigo,
    "Jagoffs" down south? Some really great people have given a great deal of time and effort to organize these tournaments. This includes judges and AMTA Representatives who gave of themselves despite having jobs, families, and other obligations. I looked at all nine of your posts, and not once did you acknowledge this or thank a single person or team for a good round. All nine of your posts instead focused on "dirty tricks" and how it violated the "spirit of competition" which I find odd.

- Is your accusation that AMTA is teaching kids to be the kind of attorneys that give the profession a bad name in the spirit of competition? (post #1)

- Is your accusation of cheating within the spirit of competition? (post #2)

- Is your disrespectful comment about this system being designed by attorneys from "third tier schools" in the spirit of competition? (post #3)

- Is your boasting about pissing everyone off in the spirit of competition? (post #4)

- Is your accusation that AMTA reps are gutless in the spirit of competition? (post #5)

- Is your remark to perjuries posters about how "reading is a skill" in the spirit of competition? (post #6)

- Is your suggestion that Chicago is not a "actual great team" in the spirit of competition? (post #7, and for the record, I have competed against Chicago and they most certainly are a great team)

- Is your comment about government sector jobs in the spirit of competition? (post #8)

- Is your accusation that "half the postings on here are nothing but insults and bastardizations of the facts" in the spirit of competition? (post #9)

Assuming that the judge did make a bad ruling (which I can't say for sure because I wasn't in the round and didn't hear the arguments), these things happen in real life as well as in AMTA. Even if you disagree with AMTA's decision not to issue sanctions, voice your concerns respectfully. It's how you respond to controversy that builds character. It's the professionalism you exhibit in the face of less-than-perfect situations that is in the spirit of competition IMHO.

That said, I'm sure everyone here appreciates and welcomes constructive, respectful criticism.

Two things.

1. The judge didn't make a bad ruling in the round. The judge didn't make any ruling in the round. There was no objection on this issue in the round. The complaint was only raised after the round was over, to the tab room.

2. Vertigo did actually make a post in which s/he complimented a few teams. That post was later deleted.
    "Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure." -Earl Wilson

[quote author=Quotequeen link=topic=3349.msg153502#msg153502 date=1171915018]
    2. Vertigo did actually make a post in which s/he complimented a few teams. That post was later deleted.
    [/quote]
    I stand corrected then. I wish it hadn't been deleted though.

Why might it have been deleted? I'm sure that's absolutely terrible English, but I just got back from Columbia, and my damn brain is fried. Too bad I have two tests in the next two days.

It was deleted after I pointed out that it was posted in a thread about last year's Joliet regional and nothing it said actually applied to that regional.
    "Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure." -Earl Wilson

Understood. I'm still curious if vertigo will ever own up to the fact that s/he is or is not from the same school that hit U of C in that round. I'm not even sure what school that is, I'm not sure if it's been posted or not, and I'm also not sure if there's a specific reason for this.