Wash U St. Louis
    Stanford
    Rutgers
    Hamilton
    Illinois-Chicago
    Tennesse
    New Hampshire
    UAB
    Last edited by Gabriebound; 04-03-2012 at 09:00 PM.

This is going to be a bloodbath...it should be fun to watch!

So, every program that's won a national title in the last 15 years (and made this year's championship) is represented in the division. Fun!

Fun indeed. Grady's coming for ya. Go Blazers.

This division looks degrees more difficult than the other one.

Whoever designated the teams did a piss-pour job. Just have to look at the first 5 names on the list to see that.

*Toussaint Jr Division

I wish I knew how to edit thread titles.

This one is so much harder then the other division.

I will be interested to see if teams like Miami, Harvard, and Cal Berkely pull bracket switches between A and B teams. This division is suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemonium View Post
    This division looks degrees more difficult than the other one.

Whoever designated the teams did a piss-pour job. Just have to look at the first 5 names on the list to see that.
    They take the top ten BBR teams that qualified and split them up between the two divisions evenly. the top 5 teams in each division were literally drawn out of a hat to see where they went. While this one does seem to be more difficult, nobody designated them this way...its how the cards fell.

Toussaint is top-heavy, sure, but the divisions average nearly the same BBR. (I'm still checking my math...)

Last year people were saying the same thing: one division is tougher than the other one.

By the way, the "weaker" division produced the National Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieC View Post
    Last year people were saying the same thing: one division is tougher than the other one.

By the way, the "weaker" division produced the National Champion.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that the other division is unlikely to produce the National Champion. The point is that whoever that is will have an easier time getting to the 5th round.

Although.. with a division like this, there's a good chance of the top teams knocking each other out. Over in Faith O'Reilly, it might take a much higher record to prevail.
    I stand by my objection.

Very interesting. Top teams could knock each other out and pave the way for a team like Cal Berkeley to get to the 5th round. In any case, an upset in Toussaint will cause quite the Perjuries uproar, which I will giddily await.

Quote Originally Posted by grady670 View Post
    I will be interested to see if teams like Miami, Harvard, and Cal Berkely pull bracket switches between A and B teams. This division is suicide.
    If my memory serves me correctly, Virginia did this last year at the national tournament. Both on perjuries and at the opening ceremonies they were ridiculed for doing this. At the opening ceremonies I believe they were even booed. With the exception of Northwood, all of the teams competing this year with both an A and B team were at nationals last year. I bet that those same teams partook in the booing of Virginia at the Opening Ceremonies. I would just like to point out how hypocritical it would be if any of these teams were to do the same thing this year. Personally I don't think this will happen.

There is a rule against switching now. You have to provide the rosters for your A and B teams before the draw to prevent shenanigans.
    Minnesota Mock, doing it right since 1987

I know all you mockers out there are getting nervous, but I will say this: It's the National Tournament. I can see the skill loaded in this bracket, but it's time shine as all should.

I look forward to seeing who will prove to be the best
    You think you know, but you have no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici View Post
    They take the top ten BBR teams that qualified and split them up between the two divisions evenly. the top 5 teams in each division were literally drawn out of a hat to see where they went. While this one does seem to be more difficult, nobody designated them this way...its how the cards fell.
    I'm not sure that is a good excuse, and it is one of the big reasons I dislike the use of BBR's this far into the season. I certainly can understand how BBR's can be useful preliminarily for things like Regionals and even ORCS, but you can't sell me on it when it comes to Nationals. BBR is just a metric to determine strength of a program over the last three years after you give weighted values to wins at Regionals, ORCS, and Nationals. If we can already create this metric to rank teams, we should do it in a way that helps use determine strength for the current year so we get the best National Championship Tournament possible. Assign weighted values to wins, CS, and PD? (maybe, I'm not sure on the third one could be OCS, or something else) for both Regionals and ORCS, then create a number similar to BBR for the national championship tournament. The last three years don't matter going into the NCT, what matters is this year. And doing it this way would allow us a real representation of this year. It seems like every year people complain about one division being much stronger than the other, if that be the case it just shows that we need to address it at a year-by-year basis. I also think this kind of metric system could be useful for seeding the first round of ORCS based on Regionals. Just my thoughts on the matter. I'd also like to throw in my love for the idea of bringing in a bracket following prelims (top 4 or top 8) to get to the championship round.
    Nathan Johnston.

Or maybe rather than complain, people should just sack up and be prepared to beat whoever comes their way. Just because some teams in the other division may lack the cache of UVA, Harvard A, UCLA, etc., doesn't mean that winning will be any easier.