Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tournaments for 2012-2013.

Tournaments for 2012-2013.

Hey Guys! I know We have a New England Thread going on, but can we open it up nationally and see when schools are planning tournaments for next year. I know its early, but things help...

Hamline's St. Paul Brawl will be held the weekend of Oct. 19-21 on Hamline's Campus.
    Josh Peterson
    Hamline University Alum

The fantastic Flyer will be held on October 10-11 at our Main campus.

I prefer being able to visualize when tournaments are on a calendar, and thought others might feel the same, so I've created a calendar that I'll post all the tournaments listed here and on AMTA's website. The link for the calendar is here:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...dar.google.com

Quote Originally Posted by jvsen View Post
    The fantastic Flyer will be held on October 10-11 at our Main campus.
    I'm guessing you mean November, because otherwise this would be a Wednesday Thursday tournament.
    Ray Barr (the Amazing)
    University of Minnesota Law School
    Drake University, 2014
    "Bow ties are cool."

Is there a way to edit the calendar? The Colgate Classic is actually 11/10-11 (my fault for putting the wrong dates in the other thread - I knew it was the weekend of the 9th)

Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    Is there a way to edit the calendar? The Colgate Classic is actually 11/10-11 (my fault for putting the wrong dates in the other thread - I knew it was the weekend of the 9th)
    I don't know any way for everyone to edit it other than giving out my Google password, but I've made the change on the calendar.
    Ray Barr (the Amazing)
    Drake University, 2014
    "Bow ties are cool."

Elgin Community College is excited to be hosting the Second Annual Golden Gavel Invitational Tournament in Elgin, Illinois, on Saturday, November 10, and Sunday, November 11, 2012. Please feel free to email us at elginmocktrial@gmail.com, to reserve a spot or if you have any questions.

The Penn State Mock Trial Association will be hosting its 5th Annual Happy Valley Invitational on October 20-21, 2012. More information will be posted as its made available on http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/mocktrial/hvi.html.

Please e-mail any inquires regarding the 2012 HVI to happyvalleyinvitational2012@gmail.com.

Washington University in St. Louis is excited to announce this year's Arch Invitational Mock Trial Tournament. This two-day tournament will take place on the beautiful Washington University campus Saturday, October 20 and Sunday, October 21, 2012. All events including Opening Ceremony, Trials, and Closing Ceremony will be conveniently located on our suburban campus. We are looking forward to four excellent rounds of competition. Registration is $125 per team. While we will certainly recruit area judges, given the possibility that Washington University will host an AMTA post-season tournament, we ask that each competing team please provide one judge. A $50 fee will be assessed for teams that do not provide a judge. Please email Michael Nelson at Mike.Nelson@washumocktrial.org if you are interested in attending the 2012 Arch Invitational.

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateMockTrial View Post
    The Penn State Mock Trial Association will be hosting its 5th Annual Happy Valley Invitational on October 20-21, 2012. More information will be posted as its made available on http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/mocktrial/hvi.html.

Please e-mail any inquires regarding the 2012 HVI to happyvalleyinvitational2012@gmail.com.
    UN monitors have been requested, and NATO troops are being called up to keep peace between PSU and AMTA reps
    "I believe that, so long as there is plenty, poverty is evil." --RFK

Quote Originally Posted by captainbowtie View Post
    I prefer being able to visualize when tournaments are on a calendar, and thought others might feel the same, so I've created a calendar that I'll post all the tournaments listed here and on AMTA's website. The link for the calendar is here:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...dar.google.com

I'm guessing you mean November, because otherwise this would be a Wednesday Thursday tournament.

Yes. I meant November. Thanks!

The Boston College Mock Trial Invitational will be December 1st-2nd. Check www.bc.edu/mocktrial for information as it becomes available. Questions should be directed to sweenesj@bc.edu.

Tournaments for 2012-2013.

CUBAIT X will take place on October 20-21, 2012. Invitations will be forthcoming this summer.

The fifth annual Mumbo Jumbo Invitational, hosted by Tufts University, will be held on November 10-11, 2012. Invitations will be sent out in the next week or two.

American University Mock Trial will be hosting the second annual Wonk Trial Invitational on our main campus in Washington D.C. on November 10-11, 2012. If you are interested in attending or have any questions, please email us at mocktrialwonk@gmail.com.

Drake University is excited to announce our inaugural Richard Calkins Invitational Tournament. This two day tournament will be hosted on Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th in Des Moines, IA, on our conveniently located campus, just off of I-235. Registration is $100 per team. While Drake will have some local judges on hand, we ask that every school registering provide one judge per team registered. This may be a different individual for different rounds, but we ask that a judge be provided for all four rounds. If you are interested in attending or would like more information, please email Ray Barr at mocktrialdrake@gmail.com.
    Ray Barr (the Amazing)
    Drake University, 2014
    "Bow ties are cool."

Brandeis' 7th annual Justice Louis Brandeis Invitational will be held on the Brandeis Campus November 3rd and 4th, 2012. Invitations will be sent out shortly. Any questions can be directed to mkaufman@brandeis.edu

The University of Pennsylvania is proud to annouce that the 10th Quaker Classic Invitation will take place on Penn's campus November 10 and 11th, 2012. Invitation will be sent out before the end of the month.

If you have any inquiries, please contact quakerclassic@pennmocktrial.com

Georgetown University is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the 2nd Annual Hilltop Invitational Tournament in January 2013!

Please email us at gumocktrial@gmail.com to express interest and to get more information!