Changes have been made to the following documents:

• [li]Case Law[/li]

[li]Campbell Affidavit[/li]

[li]Montana Affidavit[/li]

[li]Ash CV[/li]

[li]Montana CV[/li]

[li]Plea[/li]

[li]Motion to Enter Plea[/li]

In addition, the full case file has been updated to reflect the changes, made in response to suggestions from AMTA competitors. All updated documents have appropriate date stamps to allow teams to readily identify the latest version.
    [/quote]

Most unhelpful change log ever.
    "For with a country as with a person, 'what is a man profited, if he s

Re: Case changes are up

The changes are pretty obvious. I suspected many of them would be made sometime through the course of the season.

[quote author=JACGW link=topic=3618.msg160868#msg160868 date=1198005077]
    Most unhelpful change log ever.
    [/quote]

Haha, I thought the same thing...you mean I actually have to read through them all...the audacity.

Mildly interesting Montana case changes, the rest didn't really surprise me any. However the changes to the Ash CV made me smile...as both someone who plays Ash and crosses Ash.

As someone who doesn't have an access code to the information that was changed, I was wondering if someone could summarize the changes in Micah's and Montana's affadavits.

Thank you.

[quote author=UMCane*GWB link=topic=3618.msg160899#msg160899 date=1198086413]
    the AMTA case is copyrighted material and the access information given to UMBC is supposed to be used only by your own institution. You paid for a limited license to use it not to disseminate it on the www or perjuries.
    [/quote]

Just a suggestion -- you might want to modify your post and remove the quoted post as it appears to have been deleted -- the only record of its existance now is in your post. ajamas:

[quote author=BenTucker link=topic=3618.msg160897#msg160897 date=1198049410]
    As someone who doesn't have an access code to the information that was changed, I was wondering if someone could summarize the changes in Micah's and Montana's affadavits.

Thank you.
    [/quote]

Only change to Micah that I could find on first glance is that it now specifies that Bobbi told Micah that Pat Cross had 'hit' Bobbi instead of 'done some pretty awful things'

Only change to Micah that I could find on first glance is that it now specifies that Bobbi told Micah that Pat Cross had 'hit' Bobbi instead of 'done some pretty awful things'
    You'll now find that when Micah walks in on Pat Cross and BC, Pat is standing over Bobbi waving an extension cord, and Bobbi is screaming for him to stop. It's explicitly detailed as abuse so there can no longer be any question about what Micah sees.

That Micah change is GREAT

One of the other Micah changes is "I got Bobbi to acknowledge [on Intercession] having done a bunch of different drugs while I was away"

Depending on Defense's theme, making Micah's "abandonment" of Bobbi as one of the reasons for his drug use more explicit could help... That is if you don't call Ash who says Bobbi's been doing drugs since forever.

[quote author=Nur Rauch link=topic=3618.msg160872#msg160872 date=1198007128]
    The changes are pretty obvious. I suspected many of them would be made sometime through the course of the season.
    [/quote]

Sound more pompous, please....

[quote author=MackMan189 link=topic=3618.msg160913#msg160913 date=1198135853]
    Sound more pompous, please....
    [/quote]

Are you saying the changes are hard to spot and that you didn't see anything about residual doubt coming? I don't think I was pompous -- many folks probably predicted changes like these would come up eventually.

[quote author=Nur Rauch link=topic=3618.msg160914#msg160914 date=1198155907]
    Are you saying the changes are hard to spot and that you didn't see anything about residual doubt coming? I don't think I was pompous -- many folks probably predicted changes like these would come up eventually.
    [/quote]

Maybe I did; but probably I didn't... In either case, it's just interesting to me that you felt the need to share with all of us that you did...

It's interesting to me that you felt the need to share with us your opinion of NurRauch as pompous... what makes you think we care?... you pompous prick*...

*Please note the sarcasm
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

lol good point, sir.

Did anyone read the case law? Specifically State v. Bralow and NC v. Alford. It basically says that though BC plead guilty, evidence to the contrary is relevant. I'm really glad to see this in the case changes, because we had some invitational judges who would kick out everything on defense and we had little recourse. What does this community think about this.

I don't remember who said it before on this board, but someone pointed out that "residual doubt" was always intended to be part of the case. However, because on day 1 of trial every single judge laughed the residual doubt argument out of court--because of the way the guilty plea was written--we dropped that line of argument entirely. The new plea allows for the pre-existing case law to be more relevant and also forces judges to listen to that line of defense argument.
    The new plea will just open up the defense case slightly, now that Bobbi Campbell is no longer pleading guilty, not only to the offense but to an aggravating factor, as he was in the last plea. As a defense attorney, I'm pumped. As a prosecution Montana, definitely more nervous.
    Superhuman effort isn't worth a damn unless it achieves results.
    --Ern

[quote author=GuyNoir link=topic=3618.msg160922#msg160922 date=1198186889]
    I don't remember who said it before on this board, but someone pointed out that "residual doubt" was always intended to be part of the case. However, because on day 1 of trial every single judge laughed the residual doubt argument out of court--because of the way the guilty plea was written--we dropped that line of argument entirely.
    [/quote]

This whole case is a headache. My major criticism of this case is that it's not like a real sentencing hearing, and because it's not, judges get so confused (as would I if I weren't a mocker). It makes no sense that residual doubt would be such a major factor for so many teams to argue. Unlike last year where there were a lot of different case theories to have, and a lot of ways you could argue something, it seems like this year they're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. What's the point of having a guilty plea in the first place if the crux of your argument is residual doubt? I would have preferred an "in the box" case.
    Hello Harry, what sort of tomfoolery shall we get up to today? No tomfoolery today, Ron.

Residual doubt is definitely one of the weaker arguments--however, it really needs to be there because otherwise the prosecution case becomes one-dimensional and nearly unstoppable.
    On the other hand, I agree about the sentencing case issue, if for no other reason than saying "Find him GUILTY!" is the best way ever to end a case :gavel:
    Superhuman effort isn't worth a damn unless it achieves results.
    --Ern

Residual doubt HAS to be part of this case or else it is a waste of my time to go to trial just to lose to the prosecution. When I had to argue residual doubt to a judge, some bought it and others did not, but I think AMTA finally did a good job of closing the uncertainties and giving the defense some help.