Thread: Nationals question

Nationals question

Okay, so how high does a team need to place in their regional to go to:

1.) Gold

2.) Silver

In my team's case, our silver is at Waukegan, and our regional is at UW-Superior. We have 21 teams in our regional.

Re: Nationals question

This information is available on AMTA's website, under the "Mock Trial" section, then click on "Tabulation." At the bottom of the webpage is a document that has the bid allocations. As you can see, Superior's regional has 2 Championship bids and 4 Nationals bids, which means you must place 1 or 2 to get a Gold bid, and 3-6 to get a Silvers bid (2 gold, or championship bids, followed by 4 silvers bids).

Of course, this can change depending on a few things, including the teams ahead of you. I would recommend that you download the AMTA rulebook and take a look at the bid allocation and assignment procedures, as well as the rules regarding postseason bids. It is also available from AMTA's website.

If this is wrong, somebody should correct me, so that we can get the right info out there...

If you just take 1st, you never have to worry about it ;-)

Pretty much if you are 3rd or lower in any regional other than Boston or Washington, then you don't get a Gold Bid. Only those two regionals have three per AMTA Bid Allocations.

Just because I'm trying to reform my team and make it Gold-caliber doesn't mean it'll happen in my freshman year. I'm fine with however far we can make it, and if Silvers is that place, fine. I'm just interested in knowing what it'll take.

Princess Of The Moon

Top 6 will pretty much ensure you a place at one of the two tournaments. Top 6 will get you to silver, where you then have a chance to try again for gold.

Hey, I know it may not happen the first year. I'm just saying.

Good luck with building up the team!

[quote author=arandomguy link=topic=3658.msg161661#msg161661 date=1202156775]
    Top 6 will pretty much ensure you a place at one of the two tournaments. Top 6 will get you to silver, where you then have a chance to try again for gold.
    [/quote]

Actually Top 5 is sure to get you into the postseason. Beyond that, it varies by the tournament.

[quote author=MockMaster link=topic=3658.msg161666#msg161666 date=1202160380]
    Actually Top 5 is sure to get you into the postseason. Beyond that, it varies by the tournament.
    [/quote]

Well, is it top six in Superior's case?

[quote author=Nur Rauch link=topic=3658.msg161794#msg161794 date=1202420227]
    Well, is it top six in Superior's case?
    [/quote]

Yes; two Gold and four Silver.
    [url]www.findjoshua.com[/url]

"The joy is in the journey."
    -Frosty Westering