The Penn State Mock Trial Association is pleased to announce that an Invitational Competition will be held at the Penn State University Park Campus on October 25th and 26th, 2008!
- Trials will be a 2-2 format on Saturday and Sunday, held in the Thomas and Life Sciences buildings.
- Registration will be $90 per team if received prior to Sept. 22nd, $100 per team if received afterwards.
- Judging will be provided through a mix of attorneys, judges, and law school professors, and we will be pulling judges from the Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York, and Harrisburg areas. As always, coaches will be a last resort.
- We currently have a block of hotel rooms reserved for teams downtown and the quoted rate is $95 a night. State College has a wide assortment of hotel accommodations (and it is an Away football weekend, so the prices are all bearable!). Parking will be free on campus.
- Transit to State College, PA is available via car (we are just a few miles from I-80, I-99, and Route 322) and plane (University Park Airport has national service).
As we continue to plan all the logistics of the tournament, we are currently trying to get a sense of how many schools would be interested in attending. If you feel that your program would be interested, please contact our Tournament Co-Director Nate Law (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is not a binding commitment, but we would like to determine if the demand is present.
President, The Penn State Mock Trial Association