Thread: New Site?

New Site?

Perjuries.com looks drastically different. Perhaps it's just that change is unsettling but I'm not a fan of the new system. Things seem to be cleaner/nicer, but I liked the at-a-glance overview of the most recents posts, regardless of what category (General Mock Trial, Tournaments, etc) they appeared in.

Am I alone on this?
    "For with a country as with a person, 'what is a man profited, if he s

Re: New Site?

That's coming back soon, hopefully. I have to make these changes in small bursts thanks to law school's monopoly on my schedule.

[quote author=LucidParody link=topic=3222.msg149618#msg149618 date=1156479584]
    That's coming back soon, hopefully. I have to make these changes in small bursts thanks to law school's monopoly on my schedule.
    [/quote]
    Good to hear. (About the site, not so much the monopoly of your time.) And, allow me to take this opportunity and add my voice to the chorus that appreciates all the work you do putting this together. [s]Perhaps [/s] we don't say it nearly enough. Perjuries is great, and you do a fantastic job managing it.

Thanks.
    "For with a country as with a person, 'what is a man profited, if he s

[quote author=LucidParody link=topic=3222.msg149618#msg149618 date=1156479584]
    [/quote]

Some people never seem to learn how to set their priorities. With the money we pay you, you ought to be focusing exclusively on . . .

Oh, wait. We get this for free.

In other words, I'm simply echoing JACGW's praise. Thanks for all your hard work! As for the queasy feeling upon encountering the new look . . . we'll get over it! :-D (just don't take away the smileys!)
    "Better to make a life than a living."
    -William Eustis Russell

The new site sucks. Change it, or else. As Bloch once helpfully said, this website does not belong to you. It belongs to the community. I am a member of the community. Thus this site belongs to me. So hurry up, becuase we haven't got all day.

- Snakes on a Plane
    "I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking p

So...someone want to explain the new ranking systems?

I have three stars....making me the perjuries equivalent to an hourly rate motel.
    My karma is pretty chill.

To bad I have no idea what it means?

I like the new site alot though. It will take some getting used to, but it looks so much more professional.

The ranking system is based on post count. I think at like 500 you get 5 stars. But I don't remember exactly.

[quote author=GooglyMoogly link=topic=3222.msg149624#msg149624 date=1156518639]
    So...someone want to explain the new ranking systems?

I have three stars....making me the perjuries equivalent to an hourly rate motel.
    My karma is pretty chill.

To bad I have no idea what it means?
    [/quote]

I think I just figured out the Karma thing (at least the P.C version). I tried to help you out a bit, GM
    "Better to make a life than a living."
    -William Eustis Russell

Hey what's up with the new site? Nobody is posting here anymore because the new site is terribly hard to navigate. Please fix it. The entire MT community depends on you.

- SOAP
    "I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking p

Perhaps nobody is posting because there is not much going on in the Mock world right now. Wait another month or two, it will start back up.

I've noticed that if you click on a topic on the front page, and then go to the page that lists all the forums, it says that you have unread messages in a forum even if you've already read that topic by clicking from the front page. When you actually go into the forum, however, the thread does not indicate that there are any new posts.

I hope that makes sense.
    [url]www.findjoshua.com[/url]

"The joy is in the journey."
    -Frosty Westering

Hey, um....I can't find the search tool anymore! It used to be on the main page....or am I imagining things?

The "Search", at least for posts and posters, can be found at the top of the screen, under where it says "Hello RandomScreenHandle" and above the folder tree.
    Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.